The hair removal of pubic hair has been carried out since ancient times, since Egyptian women shaved the lower parts for greater comfort, hygiene and aesthetics. Today intimate hair removal has become a widespread custom among most women in the world, which increases with the arrival of summer.
You can go to a hair removal center and pay for your intimate areas to be shaved, but if you want to carry out a genital hair removal in the comfort of your home and save money, discover these 7 tips for an ideal female intimate hair removal.
1 Prepare the area
Before starting to shave it is important to prepare the intimate area. Wash with plenty of soap and water and then dry carefully with a clean towel; if you see that there are traces of moisture, use a hairdryer or paper towels.
Then apply some anesthetic cream if you choose to shave with more aggressive procedures such as wax, and in this way you will remove the pain. If you opt for another route such as the blade, trim the hairs with scissors before starting. Smear some moisturizer to avoid irritation and redness.
2 Choose the method
Choose the hair removal method that is most suitable for you. There are many products sold to remove hair, such as depilatory cream, wax or blades.
- Depilatory cream is suitable for those women who are afraid of pain and prefer quick and painless hair removal. It is easy to apply and clean, taking no more than 10 minutes to take effect. However, it is advisable to spread it before in another part of the body to check if it causes allergy. In addition, when you choose the depilatory cream, check that it is suitable for intimate areas, since some are not and can cause irritation.
- The blade is also a painless and effective method, but it can leave traces of hairs and cuts if you are not careful, in addition to growing back after two days, and usually thicker.
- As for wax, it is one of the most painful methods of waxing the genitals, although the most effective, as it removes hair at the root. Even applying the desensitizing cream does not remove the sensitivity completely. Only recommended for the most daring, although the results are spectacular and last around 1 month.
- The electric razor is another option for the hair removal of your lower parts. We advise you to use it to shave the bikini area and to trim the hair making shapes. It is also painful, but unlike wax you can regulate the intensity.
- The hair clip is an option only suitable for the most patient and only if you have a lot of time. It is a method that comes in handy for those who do not have too much pubic hair and who want to only shave a small area. It is effective and very little painful, so if you have time and good eyesight! do not hesitate to try it.
And if you don’t want to shave ever again, you also have the definitive genital hair removal in beauty centers, although it is more expensive and also somewhat painful, you make sure that it will be the last time you do it.
3 The type of hair removal
Comprehensive hair removal? Brazilian hair removal? How can I trim my hair to form drawings? These are just some of the questions that arise when choosing the type of hair removal.
Brazilian pubic hair removal consists of plucking all or part of the hair, leaving according to demand a more or less wide strip in the center and if desired two narrower on the sides. Integral hair removal lies in getting rid of all the hair. You can also trim the hair with shapes and drawings and shave the one that over.
4 The procedure
Depending on the method chosen and the type of hair removal you will have to follow one procedure or another to get rid of hair.
If you use the blade, trim the hair before and shave carefully in the opposite direction to hair growth. Review as many times as necessary but without irritating the area. Try to use good quality blades to avoid cuts and do it in a few steps. After use, wash, dry and store protected to prevent it from rusting.
If you choose the wax, make sure that it is not too hot so as not to burn. Take a flat spatula and apply the wax until the pubis is well covered (always in the same direction of hair growth). When it is more or less hard and does not stick to the fingers, it pulls with energy in the opposite direction to the growth of the hair. Cold wax bands are another alternative, although less effective.
As for the electric machine it is the easiest to use. Plug in or put batteries and depilate the areas you need, starting from the outside in.
5 After hair removal
After performing the hair removal, carefully review your genitals so that there are no remains and the area is clean and without wounds. Apply abundant post-depilatory cream that you will find in any pharmacy and drugstore, or add some talcum powder, they go great to soothe the skin.
Try to wear cotton and seamless underwear so that it does not bother you when sitting and does not rub you when walking.
6 The frequency of hair removal
How often you should shave will largely depend on the type of hair you have, the method you use, and whether you leave a portion of the hair or not.
However, on average, waxing lasts about 7 weeks, one done with a blade about 1 week and with an electric razor about 3 weeks.
7 To be taken into account
- If you do not dare to shave the genital area at home it is better to go to a professional.
- Before hair removal, prepare all the utensils you will need.
- After hair removal, avoid wearing very tight pants and clothes with lycra for a while.