Caffeine is a powerful antioxidant that is part of numerous beauty products such as creams, serums or lotions. On the other hand, the egg contains various benefits for the skin and hair, such as hydration or firming.
For this reason, combining these two ingredients in a homemade and totally natural cosmetic becomes a perfect option for skin and hair care, so this time, in, we will tell you how to make an easy coffee and egg mask, in addition to telling you more about its benefits and how to use it.
Benefits of the coffee and egg mask
Due to their moisturizing, exfoliating and antioxidant properties, masks made with coffee and eggs are excellent allies to bring life and shine back to skin and hair. That is why it is common to find caffeine as the main ingredient in numerous facial creams or shampoos. For its part, the egg helps to close the pores and firm the skin. Other benefits include:
- Coffee is an excellent natural anti-inflammatory, so it helps reduce redness or swelling in the skin. In this way, it is ideal for reducing dark circles and puffiness of the eyes.
- The high content of amino acids, vitamins and minerals that egg white has, will contribute to the regeneration of the superficial layers of the skin and scalp, restoring lost luminosity and firmness.
- Caffeine is a great inhibitor of fat cells; in fact, it is present in many of the cosmetics used to treat cellulite and in firming facial creams. Therefore, the coffee mask helps to firm the face.
- Due to its exfoliating qualities, this type of mask cleanses the skin of dead cells, closes the pores and prevents the appearance of acne.
- Caffeine also stimulates hair growth, strengthens it and prevents hair loss.
How to make a coffee and egg face mask
Preparing a coffee and egg mask for acne and the face is very easy, you need natural ingredients that are easy to get and you can apply it in a few minutes. This is what you will need:
- 2 tablespoons ground coffee
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon of lemon
Before applying the mask, the first step you should take before using any facial beauty treatment is to cleanse your face. You can do it with warm water and a neutral soap or with your usual cleansing gel or milk. These are the steps you will need to follow:
- Apply the cleansing product and massage all over the face, focusing on areas such as the nose, which accumulates more dirt, and the T-zone. To remove the cleanser, you can help yourself with sponges or cosmetic discs or with a small towel and warm water.
- When the skin is clean and dry, place the ground coffee, egg white and lemon in a bowl.
- Stir the ingredients well with the help of a spatula or a spoon until you get a sandy paste with a thick consistency.
- With a spatula or your fingers, distribute the paste over the face, applying it as you would any mask.
- During the application, you can take advantage of the sandy texture to make gentle circular movements and exfoliate the face. Egg white helps to remove impurities and leave the skin smooth and even, which will contribute to a radiant and rejuvenated appearance and better absorption of subsequent cosmetics.
- Leave the coffee and egg mask for 15 minutes of exposure time to allow the antioxidants in coffee to act and fight free radicals.
- If you wish, you can apply the coffee and egg mask with paper to help fix it.
- After the exposure time, remove with warm water. You can remove the product with discs or using a small towel. Do it gently, with little touches, without dragging the product so as not to damage the skin with the coffee particles.
- When you have removed all the product, apply a little toner to the skin of the face to calm and refresh, and then perform your usual hydration with a serum or moisturizer.
If you are constant and apply this mask twice a month, you will notice your skin more hydrated, your face firmer and your skin extra bright.
Discover other uses of the egg in our article How to use egg white for wrinkles, and put more tips into practice by entering our article Beauty tricks with coffee.
How to make a coffee and egg hair mask
Just as these two ingredients have a wide variety of benefits for the face that you will notice from the first application, you can also take advantage of their properties to restore shine to your hair and strengthen it. To make this coffee and egg hair mask, you will need:
- 2 eggs (you may need more if your hair is thick or long)
- 2 tablespoons of coffee
- 2 tablespoons of honey
To prepare the mask, apply it and remove it correctly, follow these steps:
- Beat the egg yolk in a bowl until well incorporated.
- Add the coffee and honey and continue beating until you have a grainy but consistent cream.
- Apply to dry hair, divide into sections to make sure it covers all of your hair and scalp.
- Massage the scalp so that the mask penetrates properly and stimulates the hair follicles.
- Put on a shower cap and let the mask work for 20 minutes.
- When rinsing, remove with cold or very cold water. Wash your hair with your usual shampoo and that’s it.
You can apply this mask 2 or 3 times a month to benefit from its qualities. As soon as you remove the mixture and dry your hair, you will notice that it will be much softer to the touch.
Discover more hair hacks in our article Benefits of coffee for hair – the best treatments! If you want to read more articles similar to Coffee and egg mask: benefits and how to make it, we recommend you visit our Beauty and Personal Care category.
- If you have dry skin, this coffee mask can irritate it. In this case, we recommend replacing the coffee with 2 tablespoons of honey.
- Egg white is a great home remedy to reduce eye bags. If you want to minimize expression wrinkles around the eyes and hydrate and reduce dark circles, you can apply a little egg in that area, leave it to act for about 15 minutes, rinse and apply moisturizer. You can repeat this operation 3 times a week.