The passage of time and the effects it can have on our skin is one of the factors that most concerns the beauty sector. And it is that in this case, one of the problems that most affects people are the appearance of wrinkles on the face, signs of aging that can appear due to the lack of collagen in the skin, the lack of certain or of dry skin.
However, there are home treatments that help minimize these effects and give your face a young and healthy appearance, one of the most impressive being gelatin, a substance still unknown to many.
Benefits of gelatin on the face
What is gelatin used for? What exactly? The gelatin, which is the flavorless substance with which gelatin and other similar foods are subsequently made, comes from animal skins and bones, which is why it is so rich in collagen. Thanks to its amino acids, gelatin is widely used in the field of beauty to take care of the skin, nails and hair.
This ingredient has elasticizing and toning, moisturizing, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and digestive properties. However, today we will not talk about gelatin for hair or bones, but we will focus on the most important benefits of gelatin for the face and, more specifically, for wrinkles.
So, when we talk about the benefits of gelatin on the face, the following should be highlighted:
- Provides elasticity to the skin: thanks to its high collagen content, gelatin tones the skin and makes it smoother, recovering part of the flexibility that the skin loses over the years.
- Slows down the appearance of wrinkles and expression lines: its antioxidant properties fight free radicals in the skin and thus prevent the appearance of many wrinkles and expression lines.
- Softens and moisturizes the face: being a substance with moisturizing properties, it is not surprising that gelatin is also ideal for softening the skin of the face.
- Fights swelling: the anti-inflammatory properties of this product come to light especially when gelatin is used for the bones, however, it is worth mentioning that gelatin also helps you relieve facial swelling, since it promotes improved circulation sanguine.
- Repairs skin tissues: gelatin is full of beneficial minerals for strengthening nails and hair, however, they are also very kind to the skin, as they help repair the skin naturally.
Taking these benefits into account, it is easy to understand how the use of gelatin reduces and slows down the appearance of wrinkles on the face. Next, so that you can benefit from the favors of gelatin for the face, at we explain how to make a gelatin mask, the most effective way to use this ingredient.
How to make a gelatin mask for wrinkles
Now that you know what gelatin is for, we explain how to use gelatin on your face so that you can benefit from its properties. If you want to show off a smoother complexion and combat those annoying wrinkles and expression lines, at Oneota we suggest some perfect remedies.
Mask of gelatin and honey with olive oil
Due to the antibacterial, antioxidant and moisturizing properties of honey and olive oil, this mask is ideal for cleaning impurities from the face, hydrating and smoothing the skin and, of course, preventing the appearance of wrinkles. Follow these steps:
- Pour a tablespoon of gelatin in a large cup of warm water and mix well.
- Add a small tablespoon of olive oil and then another of honey.
- Clean your face well with warm water to open the pores before using the mask.
- Spread the mixture on your face and let it harden.
- Wait about 20 minutes and finally remove the products with plenty of water.
- Apply a moisturizer.
It is recommended to apply this mask at least once a week for your skin to experience the desired results.
Gelatin and egg mask
The egg is a very beneficial food for the face, since it has astringent, moisturizing, whitening and antibacterial properties. This is how you should prepare this gelatin mask:
- Pour a tablespoon of gelatin in warm water and mix well.
- In another bowl, beat the white of one egg.
- When the surface is a layer of foam, pour a little of the cooked gelatin until you achieve a smooth dough.
- Clean your face with warm water and spread the mass of the mask on your face.
- You must do several layers, so once the first dries, continue with the second and so on.
- Let the mask act for half an hour and remove with plenty of water.
You may also be interested in learning how to make this Egg and Honey Face Mask.
Gelatin and lemon mask
If you are wondering what are the properties of lemon for the skin, you should bear in mind that it is an ingredient with great whitening, astringent and cleansing powers, so this mask is ideal for skin blemishes and wrinkles:
- Put a pot of water on the fire and, when it starts to heat up, add two small spoonsful of gelatin.
- Once there are no lumps, remove the pot from the heat and pour in 25 ml of lemon juice before stirring again.
- Mix until you have a lump-free paste and let it cool.
- With a very clean face, spread the mixture on the skin with the help of a brush and wait 20 minutes.
- After this time, remove the mask with plenty of warm water.
Do not abuse this grenadine mask for the face, as the lemon could irritate your skin or slightly change its tone. For this reason, at Oneota we recommend applying this mask only once a week and always at night, since it is essential not to expose your skin to the sun after using this citrus fruit.
Gelatin and milk mask
Once again, we will combine gelatin with an ingredient full of beneficial properties for the skin. In this case, the milk acts as a protector from external aggressions, making it ideal for fighting free radicals and helping the gelatin to stop the appearance of wrinkles and other signs of aging.
- Pour half a glass of milk into a saucepan and heat it over low heat.
- In another container, pour the gelatin together with two tablespoons of cold milk and stir well until smooth.
- When the milk in the saucepan is hot, pour the gelatin mixture that we have made and mix.
- Leave it for a minute to get warm before applying it, spreading the mixture well on your face.
- Avoid the eye contour area and let the mixture act for 20 minutes.
- After this time, remove it from the ends to the center and apply a good moisturizer.
For a more detailed mask based on these ingredients, don’t miss this article on how to make a Gelatin and Milk Face Mask.
Other anti-wrinkle tips
The use of gelatin masks for aesthetic and healthy purposes is not only effective, but it is also an economical and easy-to-make process. However, it should be remembered that this treatment requires a certain consistency in its application, as well as good daily facial care.
Here are some anti-wrinkle tips to apply in your day-to-day life and thus complement the gelatin masks:
- Eat a good diet: sooner or later everything we eat is reflected in our image, so it is essential to eat a balanced and healthy diet where fruits and vegetables predominate. It is essential not to abuse sugar and fats, as these can accelerate the aging of the skin.
- Avoid long exposures to the sun: spending many hours in the sun can have devastating consequences for our face, so it is very important to use high sun protection all year round, not just in summer, and limit the hours of sun exposure.
- Practice exercise: sport is vital to maintain good health and image, since it is an activity that releases endorphins and favors the delay of old age.
- Constantly hydrate yourself: not only is it important to drink approximately two liters of water a day, but it is also essential that you hydrate your skin with good creams that allow you to preserve its elasticity for longer.
- Rest well: wrinkles, like bags under the eyes and dark circles, can also appear due to lack of rest. It is also important to always try to sleep facing up so as not to obstruct the skin follicles and cause fluid retention.
- Carry out daily cleansing: it is important that you thoroughly remove your face every day before going to bed and when you get up. In addition to make-up removers to cleanse the skin, we recommend using quality essential oils or tonics to preserve the elasticity of the tissues and thus prevent the appearance of wrinkles and expression lines.
- Anti- wrinkle facial massages: did you know that daily facial massages can greatly reduce the wrinkles on your face and prevent others from appearing? Through certain movements, you will be able to activate the circulation in your face and firm up the tissues of your skin. From omethoate we explain how to do an anti-wrinkle facial massage step by step.