Hair surgery is a specific treatment for hair, which does not contain chemical ingredients and whose main objectives are to smooth, deeply moisturize and provide a natural shine to the hair, in addition to eliminating waves and frizz, without the need to endanger our hair with aggressive chemicals, as with other treatments that are not as effective.
People who have damaged, dry and lifeless hair will notice a big difference if they undergo this revolutionary treatment, but is it really as effective and beneficial as it seems? What does hair surgery really consist of? We reveal all the information.
1 What is hair surgery? Characteristics
Hair surgery is a treatment that promises to restore the damaged fibers of the hair, providing the necessary nutrients to restore all its vitality. How do you do it? Through the application of a molecule of collagen and keratin along with vitamins that acts on the most damaged areas, improving their appearance and providing a plus of nutrition. The product is applied throughout the hair and sealed with the help of an iron so that it penetrates properly through all the fibers. The approximate duration is 6 months.
2 What are the main characteristics of hair surgery?
- On the one hand, hair surgery acts from the cuticle of those hair damaged by exposure to chemical compounds typical of dyes and bleaches.
- It contains vitamin B6, one of the best vitamins for hair, which repairs the hair fiber in depth providing a smoothing effect to the hair with an approximate duration of 2 months
- Enhances hair color, even when tinted
- Reduces the frizz effect and gives the hair a plus of shine and elasticity
Advantages of hair surgery
Among the main advantages of hair surgery for hair, it is worth mentioning the following:
- Unlike what happens with other treatments, in which it is not possible to wash the hair until a few days have passed since the application of the treatment, hair surgery allows you to wash your hair from the first day.
- It offers a straightening of up to 60%, as the natural ingredients of the treatment undoes the waves and provides a silkier and smoother hair.
- Hair surgery provides deep hydration due to its high content of fatty oils that provides extraordinary vitality. This makes it much more manageable and is great for detoxifying hair naturally.
- This treatment is ideal when we want to end the frizz or frizz effect that makes the hair rise upwards.
3 Disadvantages of hair surgery
Despite being a treatment with excellent benefits for hair, it also includes some negative points that should be known before undergoing it. We highlight the following:
- Its application can be uncomfortable due to the strong smell it gives off when the product is sealed in the hair. People with respiratory allergies should exercise extreme caution
- The ingredients, although natural, are strong, so it can lead to hair loss, irritation or itching on the scalp. You should pay special attention if you suffer from skin conditions
- If the hair is very long, the duration of application of the treatment can last between 2 and 6 hours.
- People with curly hair may experience a change in the appearance of curls, due to their straightening power. It should be taken into account when you don’t want to change the look of your natural curls.