Would you like to take care of your skin without spending a lot of money? Many times, we think that the most expensive cosmetics in a cosmetic store are also the ones with the highest quality. However, although these cosmetics give good results, there are also many products that we can find in any home and that, in addition to being much cheaper, are very effective in maintaining healthy skin.
Among the most popular beauty trends is making homemade masks with natural ingredients such as honey and baking soda, as they are two products that stand out for their different properties for the skin.
Properties of honey and bicarbonate
As we have anticipated, homemade masks are an excellent option for skin care, since in addition to being cheap, they are made with natural products, which makes them a less aggressive option. But if you ask yourself ” why should I choose baking soda and honey to make my face mask?” let us discover the properties of baking soda and honey for the skin:
Properties of honey for the skin
- Antiseptic properties: thanks to its natural enzymes, honey exerts a disinfectant action that helps eliminate toxins and other traces of dirt from the face, thus keeping it cleaner and preventing the appearance of impurities.
- Exfoliating properties: Due to its high sugar content, this product helps to remove the accumulation of dead cells on the skin. In this way, honey revitalizes our face and promotes cell regeneration.
- Moisturizing Properties– Thanks to its richness in vitamins and minerals, honey is considered a powerful natural moisturizer that can keep skin hydrated throughout the day.
- Astringent properties– Honey is an ideal home remedy for oily faces as it reduces the build-up of bacteria on the skin. In this way, honey also helps prevent other problems such as acne.
- Antioxidant properties: if you are looking for a mask for wrinkles, honey is an ideal ingredient to reduce this type of imperfections, since its richness in antioxidants prevents the formation of wrinkles and keeps the skin smoother and firmer.
In this article What are the benefits of honey for the skin you will find a detailed explanation of how the use of this product can help you.
Properties of baking soda for the skin
- Exfoliating properties: due to its texture, baking soda is very effective in removing dead cells and other traces of dirt accumulated on the skin of the face, thus leaving it much softer and brighter.
- Astringent properties: sodium bicarbonate is rich in alkaline substances, which gives it an effect that regulates the pH of the face. In this way, it reduces excess fat and oil on the face, which is why it is also an excellent product for oily or acne-prone skin.
- Whitening properties: due to its richness in antioxidants, baking soda has a whitening effect that fades dark spots and evens out the natural skin tone.
- Anti- inflammatory properties: baking soda can help relieve some symptoms of dryness such as itching, inflammation, and flaking skin. In addition, it also reduces the redness caused by and bites and promotes the healing process of wounds.
What is the honey and baking soda mask for?
Now that you know the properties of these two ingredients, here we explain what the honey and baking soda mask is for:
- Reduces dark spots on the skin.
- Prevents wrinkles and other signs of aging.
- Eliminates acne and is ideal for skin with a tendency to be greasy.
- It works as a facial cleanser to remove impurities from the skin.
- It can be used as a natural exfoliant.
- It is a good remedy for dry and/or sensitive skin due to its moisturizing power.
- Accelerates the wound healing process and calms the symptoms caused by stings.
How to make a honey and baking soda mask
We have already seen that the honey and bicarbonate mask can be used for different aesthetic purposes. However, if you want to take advantage of it for its moisturizing power or to reduce spots or wrinkles, we recommend that you follow the following step by step to make the mask:
- 1 tablespoon of flower honey
- Half tablespoon of baking soda
Preparation and treatment
- Add half a tablespoon of baking soda to a bowl along with a tablespoon of honey.
- Once you have added the ingredients, stir them until a kind of paste forms.
- You will now have the honey and baking soda mask ready.
- With a clean and dry face, apply the mask on it but avoid sensitive areas such as the skin around the eyes and lips.
- Let the mask act on the face for 10 minutes.
- Remove the home remedy with plenty of warm water and then dry your face with a soft towel.
- Finally, apply a moisturizer for smoother skin.
Use this natural mask between one and two times a week.
How to make a honey, baking soda and lemon mask
The honey, bicarbonate and lemon mask are indicated for those who seek to eliminate acne and other impurities from the face. To make this mask you just have to follow this step by step.
- 2 tablespoons baking soda
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- Juice of one whole lemon
Preparation and treatment
- Add 2 tablespoons of baking soda to a container along with 1 tablespoon of honey and stir the ingredients until a paste forms.
- Cut a lemon in half and squeeze its parts into the same container. Stir the ingredients again.
- With a clean and dry face, spread the remedy over it with a gentle circular massage.
- Let it act for 10 minutes and then remove it with plenty of warm water.
- Finally, towel dry your face and then apply both a facial toner and moisturizer.
If you want to learn more about the properties and benefits of this type of mask, don’t miss this article on How to make a honey and lemon mask. Use this remedy once a week.