Aloe vera is a plant that has numerous health properties and benefits; however, it can also be the best ally for caring for your hair and, above all, your skin. If you want a natural product that will help you fight the signs of aging, blemishes and acne scars, aloe vera is an ideal alternative.
If you want to start incorporating this calming and energizing product into your daily cleaning, be sure to visit this article. Discover how to apply aloe vera on the face and what are the properties, benefits and contraindications that you should know to get the most out of this ingredient here we go!
Properties of aloe vera for the face
Aloe vera is one of the plants that is most used medicinally, something that we must thank for its high content of minerals, vitamins and amino acids, essential organic compounds for the proper functioning of the body. However, many of the properties of this ingredient make it a great option for skin care, especially the face.
These are some properties of aloe vera on the skin that you should know:
- Soothing Properties– These make Aloe Vera perfect for healing burns, dermatitis, and eczema, as well as various types of irritations.
- Moisturizing properties: if you suffer from dryness or acne, aloe vera can become your best ally, because within its properties, moisturizers are the most popular.
- Antioxidant properties: Aloe vera is also a perfect natural product to combat free radicals that affect the skin, something that is due to its antioxidant properties.
- Anti- inflammatory properties: this plant also has anti-inflammatory effects that can relieve certain muscle and bone pain.
- Healing properties: aloe vera is a refreshing and healing plant that, as we have already mentioned, can help you treat burns, wounds and sores, among other skin problems.
- Regenerative properties: the regenerative properties of aloe vera are essential to maintain the health of skin tissues.
Benefits of aloe vera on the face
Now that you know the properties of aloe vera for the skin, you need to know the benefits that its use on the face will bring you. One of the key points is that contrary to what happens with many facial care products, aloe vera is recommended for all skin types, whether you have dry, oily or very sensitive skin, this remedy offers deep, total care. and complete without side effects. So, before seeing how to apply aloe vera on the face, let’s see how it can help you:
Deeply cleanses the skin
Thanks to its regenerative and antioxidant properties, you can easily clean even the deepest layers of your skin. In addition to removing dirt and dead cells that hide under the skin, aloe vera will allow you to deal with the impurities that accumulate on your face day after day and that are the cause of many acne problems.
The moisturizing properties of aloe vera are essential to nourish the skin of the face (one of the most delicate skins on the body) in depth. From we recommend its use especially during the winter, since it is a season in which the skin tends to dry out much more and feel tight. Faced with dry skin, aloe vera may be your best option.
Aloe vera for facial blemishes
Another of its great powers is to combat and significantly reduce the visibility of blemishes on the face, especially those caused by sun exposure, hormonal changes and the passage of time. If you want to use aloe vera for facial blemishes, it is best to use this product regularly and not stop applying it until you see clear improvements.
Aloe vera for facial wrinkles
The daily use of aloe vera serves to strengthen and stimulate the collagen and elastin fibers of the skin, which translates into a clear decrease in wrinkles, as well as other signs of aging. Thus, by applying this natural cell regenerator to your face on a regular basis, you will achieve a smoother and stronger complexion.
Aloe vera for scars
The healing, moisturizing and anti-inflammatory power of aloe vera is essential for treating wounds and scars, since the saponin content of aloe vera is responsible for regenerating the most damaged skin tissues. If you want to hide a scar or reduce its size, the regular application of aloe vera can be of great help.
aloe vera for acne
In this case, it is worth mentioning the antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and healing properties of aloe vera, fundamental powers when it comes to drying acne on the face and reducing its swelling. If you have acne problems and are undergoing treatment, combine it with the daily use of aloe vera and you will see noticeable changes in less time.
How to apply aloe vera on the face – step by step
The time has come to discover how to use aloe vera on the face. Of course, there are several answers to the question how to apply aloe vera to the skin, since there are aloe vera creams, aloe vera masks and other products to consider that will be better or worse depending on the skin problems you want to treat.:
Aloe vera direct application
If you have an aloe vera plant at home, you can use it directly on your face in a very simple and effective way. Follow the steps we suggest below:
- Extract the internal pulp of the aloe vera leaf, that substance with a gelatinous and transparent texture.
- Remove excess aloin from the leaf, a yellowish oil that can irritate your skin.
- With clean and dry skin, spread the aloe vera pulp on your face or only on the area to be treated. If you have a specific stain that you want to remove, for example, you can apply the liquid only to the stain. The same happens if it is an area with pimples or an irritated area.
- Let your skin absorb the aloe vera and remove the remains with plenty of water after 15 minutes.
A trick? If you have a very large leaf and don’t want to waste the pulp, wrap it in aluminum foil and keep it in the fridge for up to a week. If you want more information on How to use aloe vera for facial blemishes, take a look at this article and if, on the other hand, you want to know How to use aloe vera for facial wrinkles, follow this link.
Aloe vera creams and similar products
There are also very good aloe vera creams and masks made from aloe vera, however, aloe vera gels are the purest option after direct application of the plant. When buying a gel, take a good look at the concentration of aloe vera it contains, since the higher the concentration (as close to 100% as possible), the purer and more beneficial the gel will be.
Another good option is to buy aloe vera-based creams (these can be moisturizing creams, anti-aging creams, anti-blemish creams, etc.), although you will have to be careful with the rest of the ingredients that these ointments include. If you are wondering how to use aloe vera for the face when it comes in gels or creams, you should keep in mind that each product may contain different instructions, however, they almost always follow this pattern:
- Make sure to thoroughly cleanse and dry your face before moving on to applying the cream.
- Using the tips of your fingers, apply a little gel or cream on your face.
- Massage the skin of your face gently, making circular movements and giving small touches on the skin to promote absorption.
Homemade aloe vera mask
The last way to apply aloe vera on the face is through homemade masks that mix aloe vera with other natural ingredients that are perfect for treating various problems. Depending on whether you want to make a mask with aloe vera for spots, acne, wrinkles or dry skin, you will have to make one mixture or another, so from we invite you to visit this article on How to make a facial mask with aloe vera. You will find very varied and effective options.
When to apply aloe vera to the face
You already know the benefits and contraindications of aloe vera for the face and you know how to apply it correctly to take advantage of its properties, however, you may have doubts about how long aloe vera should be on the face or when is the best time of day to use it.
You should know that if you are going to use the aloe vera pulp directly on your face, 15-20 minutes of action will be enough for the plant to do its job. However, there are many people who wonder if they can apply a little aloe vera before going to sleep and let it act throughout the night. The answer is yes, you can apply a little aloe vera gel (or any cream that contains aloe vera) on your face before going to sleep and wash your face well in the morning before starting your beauty routine.
Also, the answer to the question “Is aloe vera good for the face every day?” it is also yes, because aloe vera can be used every day without problem, since it is a very beneficial natural remedy for the skin that does not involve significant damage or risks.