Many times, we tend to abuse makeup when we go out on the street, at celebrations, important events, leisure spaces and even at work. Sometimes we even come to believe that if we don’t wear makeup, our beauty (and self-esteem) will end up in ruins, without realizing that the abuse of these products can be very harmful to our face.
Exfoliates the skin
To learn how to be more beautiful and make your skin shine, it is important to exfoliate the skin to remove dead cells and restore the natural glow:
- Cleanses facial skin to remove traces of dirt. Use a cleansing gel that suits your skin type and, if you don’t know which one is yours, find out here: How to know my skin type.
- Apply the exfoliating product while your face is still damp and massage your face in continuous circles to promote circulation.
- Rinse with plenty of cold water.
- Apply a moisturizer after exfoliation.
- Exfoliate the skin on your face about once a week. Do not do it every day, as you could irritate your skin and worsen its appearance.
You can buy scrubs in beauty stores, but you can also make your own at home by following our steps in How to make homemade face scrubs, they are simple and made from natural products!
Hydrate your face
Skin hydration is very important to look beautiful and stay young and fresh, as it will make it breathe properly. To do this, use your usual moisturizing cream, which you can accompany with the prior use of a moisturizing facial serum. Apply both in the morning and at night and you will help your skin retain moisture and stay glowing.
Also, always remember to drink at least two liters of water a day so that both the skin on your face and the skin on the rest of the body reach an adequate level of hydration.
Take care of your smile
One of the most important aspects to take into account to show off a healthy face is our teeth. Going to the dentist regularly to take care of our smile is a guarantee if you want to know how to have a pretty face.
The sun is responsible for many of the spots that appear on the face and skin with age. These make the face look aged and tired, so avoiding them will be key to looking healthy and beautiful without having to hide them with makeup.
To do this, you can use beauty treatments to reduce blemishes on your face, but the most important thing is that you use sunscreen every day, even on rainy days and even when you don’t leave the house.
Some sunscreens are also moisturizing and have a color, so you can use them as a moisturizing face cream during the day and as a base to even out the tone of your face. You will know how to look good without makeup!
Take care of the eye contour
Over time, dark circles become more and more visible and irremediable. However, we can hide them without the need to use makeup, only with the help of an eye contour cream:
- Apply a small amount of cream on a clean face.
- Make small strokes around the eye contour and from outside to inside.
- Dab gently on the eyelids following the same procedure.
- Give light massages until the cream is completely integrated into the skin.
On many occasions, the marked appearance of dark circles is due to a lack of hydration in the area, so keeping the skin hydrated will also help reduce their appearance. In addition, we recommend that you avoid touching the skin around the eyes too much, as it is thinner and wrinkles more easily.
In this other article we tell you 12 home remedies that you can use to remove dark circles naturally.
It is well known that a bad sleeping habit has a direct relationship with the appearance of our face, so it is ideal to be able to sleep between seven and eight hours a day to maintain healthy skin and mind.
Remember that, starting at midnight, our body produces melatonin, a hormone that helps us fall asleep and is a source of beauty that is lost with age. If you have trouble sleeping, you can always make use of an infusion that helps you relax and makes it easier for you to sleep.
Use essential oils for lashes
Curly and voluminous eyelashes are a great symbol of beauty. However, when putting on makeup we usually use mascara, a product that over time can be very harmful to our eyelashes, and can even encourage them to fall out. We suggest using coconut oil for eyelashes, as it has antioxidant properties and essential minerals that help maintain the volume of your eyelashes without the need to use makeup.
- Apply a little oil on your lashes at night.
- Let it act without rinsing.
- Wash your face as you normally would in the morning.
- Apply it every night to notice its effects.
Apart from coconut oil, you can also use olive oil following the same procedure (having previously heated the oil).
Use face toner
If you want to show off a bright and healthy skin without makeup, the toner cannot be missing in your bag. The toner restores the pH of the skin and removes fat from the face. To apply it correctly in a beauty routine, follow these steps:
- Wash your face well before applying toner.
- Spread it over the skin and gently massage. You can use a cotton pad.
- Apply a moisturizer or any other facial treatment such as serums.
Keep your hair healthy and wear simple hairstyles
Keep your hair clean and hydrated. To do this, you can use natural shampoos or essential oils, since the abuse of conventional products can damage it. Also, you can apply homemade masks from time to time to make sure your hair stays strong and young.
Well-groomed hair is a guarantee of beauty for your face, but you can also help yourself with easy hairstyles that you can do on a daily basis. Here are some hairstyles that will make you look gorgeous without trying too hard:
- A quaff hairstyle is ideal for showing off shiny hair at celebrations.
- For informal occasions you can always resort to a bun with loose hair or a semi-collected hair with the help of a braid.
- If you have a small face, you can put it in a ponytail or braid it as it will help to highlight it.
- If you have long, wavy hair, you can leave your hair down and make it look shiny and hydrated.
Keep your lips hydrated and exfoliated
Many times, we make the mistake of neglecting our lips and this makes them look ugly and dry in the absence of makeup. To hydrate them, simply spread natural Vaseline as many times as necessary a day to prevent them from peeling.
From time to time you can also exfoliate your lips with the help of a toothbrush to get more softness. Some natural lip scrubs are sugar and coffee. Find out more in our article How to exfoliate lips at home.
Define your eyebrows
Like eyelashes, eyebrows are essential to show off a beautiful face without makeup. It is important that you remove all those hairs that protrude from the eyebrows with the help of a tweezer and constantly review their shape and definition. If you have never shaved your eyebrows, at Oneota we recommend that you go to a beauty professional.
If you want to try it at home and you want to know how to define the shape of your eyebrows correctly, consult our article How to shape the eyebrows.
Eat a balanced diet
A good diet benefits not only the internal health of your body, but also the external appearance of your body. Eating healthy means that your skin will be receiving the necessary vitamins and minerals to rejuvenate cells, in addition to staying hydrated, young and strong. Here we leave you a list with the best foods for the skin.