How to keep hair hydrated
Dehydration and malnutrition are the cause of a large number of hair problems. Therefore, if what you want is to combat this unwanted problem, you should know that the continued use of shampoos and conditioners will not be enough, but you will have to change some habits and use more specific products.
If you want to take maximum care of your hair so that it always looks soft, hydrated and shiny, don’t miss this article. We explain how to keep hair hydrated and we share with you some tricks so that you always enjoy good hair health. Take note!
Dry and damaged hair – what is it due to?
Our hair can face two serious problems: malnutrition and dehydration. If you wonder why, you have dry and damaged hair, you should know that these are the main obstacles.
When hair is malnourished, it breaks easily, loses material, movement, shine and becomes noticeably dry. The ends open, it gets tangled frequently and can even become discolored; it is a reaction to the “lack of food” in the cortex of the hair.
To combat this problem, in addition to the use of products with higher percentages of active ingredients and fat, professionals recommend applying a mask before going to sleep on dry, unwashed hair. This mask, loaded with nutrients and properties for the hair, should only act throughout the night before being removed in the morning.
For its part, the lack of hydration is coupled with dryness, which translates into hair that breaks easily, lacks shine and is difficult to disentangle. And why does it happen? Because the hair fat disappears, the water contained in the hair fiber evaporates through the small cracks in the hair fiber and the cuticle becomes rough.
If you want to know how to moisturize very dry hair and keep that moisture in your hair permanently, keep reading this article.
How to moisturize hair effectively – tips
Although you can dramatically improve the appearance of your hair with a moisturizing hair treatment, there are some crucial habits that can greatly benefit you without spending a lot of money.
And it is that to know how to hydrate hair effectively, the first thing you should do is change some habits and minimize the chances of further damaging your hair:
- Wash your hair less frequently: washing your hair every other day or three days a week is the most recommended for those who have very dry hair. The reason? most shampoos are very drying.
- Always use conditioner: use conditioner every time you wash your hair, as it will provide many nutrients necessary for hair health and will prevent extreme dryness caused by shampooing. In addition, people with tangle problems will find their best ally in the conditioner.
- Limit the use of blow dryers and straighteners: very high temperatures burn the outer part of the cuticle and can leave hair very damaged. To prevent this from happening, limit the use of blow dryers and flat irons and always use a moisturizing serum after subjecting your hair to high temperatures.
- Bet on a homemade moisturizing hair treatment: once a week (approximately) make a homemade moisturizing mask that allows you to regenerate your hair and protect it from different external agents.
If you want to know how to moisturize your hair with home remedies, keep reading this article.
How to moisturize hair with home remedies
There are now a number of professional methods that help hydrate hair follicles and strands so hair looks silky and shiny. But, if what you are looking for is to moisturize your hair using home remedies that are 100% natural, here we show you a list of ingredients that, when combined, produce excellent results.
For these to work well you must mix them correctly, leave them on for 30-40 minutes and finally rinse your hair.
- Avocado, honey and egg yolk
- Cocoa butter and coconut oil
- Milk, egg and almond oil
- pumpkin and honey
- Avocado and natural yogurt
How to moisturize hair with honey
Honey is a powerful natural ingredient that adds shine and nourishes the hair, as it is full of astringent and antioxidant properties that help ward off the dreaded gray hair, protect hair from dryness, make it easier for it to grow stronger and favor the production of keratin
If you want to know how to moisturize hair with honey, follow this step by step:
- Mix two tablespoons of honey with half a cup of plain yogurt. Yogurt has moisturizing and antibacterial properties that will eliminate the accumulation of bacteria and dirt in the hair and enhance the properties of honey.
- Moisten your hair with lukewarm water, then apply the yogurt and honey mixture from roots to ends.
- Let the mixture act for 25-30 minutes (no more) and finally rinse your hair with lukewarm water.
If you want to make more honey hair masks, do not miss these other options.
How to moisturize very dry hair with avocado
If many natural moisturizing masks require the use of an avocado, it is because it is a food with natural fats and vitamin E that combat dryness and protect hair from toxins. To make a good mask, we will add a banana to the mixture, as it is a fruit rich in vitamins A, B, C and E that prevents hair loss and cleanses it deeply.
- Separate the pulp of a ripe avocado, peel the banana (also ripe) and mash both ingredients.
- Leave the mixture well covered in the refrigerator so it doesn’t oxidize and get ready to go in the shower.
- With your hair still damp, spread the mask through your hair and massage your scalp with your fingertips.
- Cover your head with a shower cap for half an hour and, finally, remove the mask with plenty of warm water.
In this other article we present 6 home remedies to moisturize your hair that will help you achieve soft and 100% hydrated hair.