The nose is the center of any face and generally fixes the attention of any gaze. For many people, the size of the nose is a source of insecurity, which is why it is common to look for ways to improve its appearance. One of the most common is plastic surgery, but although it is effective, it is also expensive and not always available.
Exercises to make the nose smaller
Facial features tend to change over the years, making your nose look bigger little by little. If you have that complex, you should know that thanks to facial exercises you can achieve a smaller appearance for your nose. They are fast, easy, cheap and most importantly: very effective. Take note:
Massages are very effective in improving your appearance and can help you shape your nose. To do the exercise, follow these steps:
- Lie down or recline on a comfortable surface
- Make circular movements with the index finger from the top to the tip of the nose.
- Perform this massage for 5 minutes daily and you will see how, in addition to shaping your nose, headaches will be reduced, as well as sinusitis attacks.
Pressure on the bridge of the nose
This facial exercise will help you strengthen the cartilage located on the bridge of the nose, preventing the shape from being lost over the years. The exercise is simple:
- Place the tip of your index finger just below the tip of your nose.
- Apply light, gentle upward pressure, inviting the nose to arch slightly.
- Next, you will have to contract the muscles to exert a force opposite to that which has been practiced with the index finger.
With lateral pressure on the nose, you will help refine and narrow it, while strengthening its muscles. To perform this facial exercise, follow these steps:
- Take a deep breath and hold your breath.
- Then, put each index finger on both sides of your nose and press on the wings, exhale forcefully and remove the fingers from the nose.
- Repeat this exercise 10 times and carry out the routine daily to notice the results.
Close the nostrils
Another good exercise to reduce the size of your nose is alternately closing your nostrils.
- Start by blocking your left nostril and take a deep breath with your right.
- Keep your left nostril closed for about 5 seconds.
- Next, repeat this same procedure, closing the right nostril and breathing through the left.
- Doing 3 sets of 10 repetitions you will be able to change the size of your nose little by little.
How to make up the nose to make it look smaller
If you want to hide the size of your nose, make it look smaller and turned up naturally, there is no better option than resorting to a safe bet: makeup will always be your best ally to achieve this. Depending on the type of nose, you will achieve one or another result. Stay tuned for our tricks and put them into practice.
How to reduce a wide nose with makeup
If you have a very wide nose and you want to achieve an upturned and narrow nose, you should do the following:
- Apply foundation a shade darker than your skin color to both sides of your nose
- Blend it in the direction of the cheeks until it is even.
- Next, apply concealer or highlighter to the bridge of your nose to highlight the thinnest part of your nose.
- Blend the concealer and dab some on the tip of your nose as well.
In our article How to contour your face you will find more tips and steps to change your facial features with the help of makeup.
How to reduce a long nose with makeup
To flatten the nose, we recommend applying the darkest foundation to both the tip and below the nostrils.
You can then apply a little concealer or highlighter to the area where you want your nose to end. Thus, you will get the illusion that your nose ends sooner than it really does. With this simple trick you will be able to shorten it.
Discover other tricks to hide the nose in our article How to hide the aquiline nose.
Other makeup tricks to hide the nose
In addition to the tips above, we recommend using makeup to draw attention to other areas of your face. Follow these simple tips and you will achieve more balanced factions:
- Enhance your lips with color or by focusing your attention on your eyes you will be able to hide a large nose.
- Avoid ornate makeup, because your nose will stand out more.
- Bet on natural looks, with a fine eyeliner and shadows with nude or beige tones to achieve the desired effect.
- Define the cheekbones or the arch of the eyebrow using face contouring techniques to further define the nose.
- Use a pearlescent highlighter to soften its shape and balance it with your face.
- Finally, do not hesitate to use the concealer to illuminate. Dark circles, for example, draw attention to the nose. To reduce this effect, use a concealer that is also an illuminator around the eyes. This point of light will wake up your eyes and help reduce the appearance of a large nose.
Other tricks to make the nose smaller
In addition to exercises and makeup, you can opt for other tricks that will help visually reduce the size of the nose.
Hairstyles to hide the nose
Hair is a good option to draw attention away from your nose, you just have to know how to play with it to get the most out of it. Follow these tips and you will succeed:
- Long, curly hair can become a good focus to distract from a large nose. Bet on the waves and do not let straight hair frame your face, because the center of all attention will be the nose.
- It is also advisable to divide the hair into parts, you can do it in lateral parts, since the division in the center will attract the gaze towards the nose.
- Go for soft curls and waves, loose, disheveled hair, and add volume to the back of your head to make your nose smaller.
- Avoid center partings, slick straight hairstyles, highly combed ponytails, and straight cuts.
If you have a hard time shaping your hair, visit our article Home remedies to give hair volume.
Accessories to reduce the size of the nose
Accessories can also be of great help to hide a big nose; you just have to choose the right ones.
Wear long, wide earrings or long, chunky necklaces. In this way, you will be able to draw attention away from the nose. If you wear glasses, avoid small and thin frames and opt for large or prescription glasses, since they will naturally reduce the nose.
If the previous tricks have not worked for you and you are still not satisfied with the size of your nose, you can always resort to aesthetic treatments. We tell you the most common ones that will solve this problem immediately.
It is a treatment that consists of the infiltration of resorbable products, such as hyaluronic acid, and non-resorbable ones that will help correct nose problems such as unevenness of the back, deviations or elevation of the tip, all with the in order to obtain a more harmonious and balanced profile with the rest of the features of the face.
Rhinoplasty is a gentle touch-up in which you will obtain results in just one session and for a duration of up to 12 months. Thanks to this molding of the nose without surgery, you will obtain a more symmetrical nose that matches your facial features.
This novel technique is about applying resorbable tensor threads to correct the nasal dorsum, which manages to refine and align the nose, as well as raise the tip. It is a safe technique, without surgery, which causes a natural lifting effect and allows the appearance of the nose to be readjusted. Visible results will be seen from the first month. This technique is fast, effective and low risk.
Finally, you can always resort to cosmetic surgery through a rhinoplasty. This operation allows the nose to be completely repaired or reshaped, with the aim of seeking facial harmony and solving problems that the nose has caused in the patient, as well as helping to alleviate respiratory problems.
If you want to completely change the appearance of your nose, rhinoplasty is a safe option. This surgical procedure allows you to reduce or increase the size of the nose, change the shape of the tip, narrow the nostrils, change its angle, among other modifications. The final result will be visible from 2 or 3 months after the operation, which has a postoperative period of approximately 10 days. Rhinoplasty is the perfect solution to completely end the problem of a large nose.