Using the eyeliner correctly to define the look is a simple task if you know how to do it. Without a doubt, everything is acquired with practice, so the longer you use the eyeliner, the more experience you will gain in its handling and application.
Today you can find in the market all kinds of eyeliners and with very different textures; you have them in gel, powder, liquids type nail lacquer or pencil. You will also have to take into account the drying time if you use a liquid eyeliner.
1 Choose the type of eyeliner
Choosing the type of eyeliner before putting on makeup is the preparatory step. You can find eyeliners of all kinds and we are going to talk about the most important:
- Powder eyeliner. You have to be careful when using it as it stains a lot. It is a remedy used for centuries by Arab women to highlight their gaze. It is a very powerful khol that intensifies the look at the extreme; it usually comes in elongated bottles that incorporate a brush for its application. We recommend Khol de Guerlain.
- Gel eyeliner. It has not been on the market for long and has already become the favorite of all women. Its liquid and unctuous texture, combined with ease of application and bright colors will captivate your senses. It also dries very quickly and almost does not need retouching.
- Liquid eyeliner. This is one of the most common and is characterized by its easy extension both by the upper area of the eyelid and to mark the line under the eye.
- Pencil eyeliner. This is a classic and that we all have in our bag. You can get to draw thick or thinner lines with its tip by making sure it is well sharpened; the thinner the tip, the lighter the trace.
- Permanent eyeliner. And if you want to forget about applying the eyeliner for a while, opt for a permanent one. It is done in an aesthetic center and before you will have to decide if you want it in one way or another, always taking into account that you will spend a season with it.
You will also have to think about the colors of the eyeliner; not all are suitable to look at a certain time, it would be horrible to go out with a party green eyeliner at 10 in the morning.
Brunettes will be better off using a black eyeliner, while blondes or white browns with skin are better off choosing a brown eyeliner, so their features will not harden. If you have an event you can apply a night blue, it never fails, no matter the color of your eyes. If you want something more discreet or hide some defect in the eyes without a doubt the concealer combined with a white eyeliner will be your allies.
3 Apply the eyeliner
Here we will have to break down a little, since it is not the same to apply a powdered eyeliner than another gel.
- Powdered eyeliner is normally applied from the center of the upper and lower eyelids to the outside leaving a more or less long corner. If you want you can blur a little with your fingers for a smoky effect. However the authentic Arabs apply it from the middle of the inside of the eye to the outside, they say that the results are better.
- The gel eyeliner should be applied just from the inner edge of the eye to the outside; it is important that you have a good pulse to make a firm and precise stroke. Hold the brush that you will have soaked with a little gel (if it is a bit dense do not submerge the whole tip, it will be enough to scrape a little gel from the surface) and make the stroke. Then you can repeat if you want and remove the leftover with a little wadding.
- The liquid eyeliner is a bit difficult to apply but the streak it leaves is precise and defined. Do not overdo it with the amount and if you see that the brush drips squeeze the leftover cleaning on the edge of the eyeliner boat. Hold firm and trace the line from the tear line outward; if you inadvertently stain the eyelid passes a cotton swab soaked in a little makeup remover.
- The pencil eyeliner has no major secrets for its application. Hold the pencil and draw the line; if you want a thicker line do not sharpen the pencil much, instead for a thinner line sharpen the tip as much as possible. For the summer we recommend that you put on makeup with a waterproof or waterproof eyeliner.