Waxing your legs is one of the methods that many women follow when they want to show off soft legs and above all free of unwanted hair. When applying wax, you should know that there are different ways to do it and that you can do it both in a professional salon and at home. If you decide to do it yourself, do not miss the following tutorial with all the necessary steps to show off perfect legs.
1 Use cold wax
The use of cold wax to shave the legs is a very comfortable way to carry out hair removal at home since hardly any preparation is required. For this, cold wax bands are used that are already prepared for application on the skin and in just a few minutes guarantee a fantastic result.
To use the cold wax bands you must follow the steps indicated below:
- First of all you must heat the wax bands with your hands for at least 5 seconds, rubbing with energy to transmit the heat that will begin to melt it.
- Then you must separate the bands carefully and apply it on the skin in the direction of the growth of the veil, ensuring that it adheres perfectly.
- Take the extreme that will allow you to make a quick and energetic movement in the opposite direction to the growth of hair. You can reuse the bands to remove hair that you have not been able to remove, until they lose the adherent capacity. Repeat the whole process until the whole leg is complete.
- To remove the remains of wax, you can pass a cotton ball with baby oil. And remember not to expose your legs to the sun or apply lotions in the next 24 hours.
2 Use warm wax
If you choose to shave with warm wax, it is another option with good results that is usually presented in a Roll-On format. In this way, it is only necessary to pass the Roll-On over the skin to detach the warm wax in the direction of hair growth. After a few seconds from the application, it should be removed with an energetic pull, in the opposite direction to the growth of the hair.
When you have done the complete process on each of the legs, do not forget to apply a post-hair removal cream.
3 Use hot wax
Finally, the most used method to perform leg hair removal is hot wax. This is because the wax is stickier and therefore adheres much better to the hair removing it more easily. For a correct application of hot wax remember to follow these steps:
- Heat the wax enough so that the skin does not suffer burns and make sure you have the skin ready to receive the treatment, with a correct exfoliation that eliminates dead cells and good hydration
- With the help of a spatula, distribute the wax over the entire surface covering areas of no more than 10 centimeters and with a thickness not exceeding 1 centimeter, evenly. Let the wax cool and remove vigorously in the opposite direction to hair growth
Remember to moisturize the area very well to show off perfectly shaved and perfect legs.
4 Use depilatory cream
The advantages of a depilatory cream are:
- The hair takes much longer to grow, and in doing so, the tips come out much weaker, making it much easier to remove.
- It hardly causes discomfort or irritation to the skin.
There are many types of depialtoria creams, even on this website we mention how to prepare a homemade depilatory cream. To apply it:
- Cover the hair completely with a spatula and leave on for 5 minutes.
- Remove a little of the cream to see if it is taking effect, otherwise, leave it 10 minutes more.
- Clean the area with water when you have finished shaving.