Still do not know the magnificent properties of beeswax for the skin? This greasy substance produced by bees is used regularly to make many cosmetic products, such as soaps, lotions, creams, etc., as it turns out to be very beneficial for the health and beauty of the skin, helping it to stay perfectly hydrated. younger and brighter. It has emollient, anti-ageing, soothing, antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, regenerating properties, making it an ingredient that we can incorporate into our beauty routine to provide better skin care and maximize our attractiveness.
How is beeswax obtained?
Beeswax is an ingredient that bees produce to form the structure of honeycombs and give them the protection they need to stay in perfect condition. Specifically, wax is produced in the glands located in the abdomen of young bees, and its production requires a significant effort on the part of the bees, since to produce 1 kg of wax, a bee must consume between 4 and 12 kg of honey. It has a fatty consistency and is used to create all the sections that make up the honeycombs, in which the pollen is later stored.
It is this fatty substance that, through a process in which heat is applied, is extracted so that it can be used at a domestic, cosmetic and industrial level. Among others, it is used to make various products, such as candles, crayons, cosmetics, skin creams, lip balms, furniture polishing products, leather treatments, etc.
The properties of beeswax for the skin
In the same way that happens with honey or propolis, beeswax is also a product made by bees that has very beneficial properties for the health and beauty of the skin, which is why it has been used to make many cosmetic products, such as soaps, creams, lotions etc. It stands out for being very rich in antioxidant components and vitamin A; Let’s see below what are the main benefits of beeswax for the skin:
- Moisturizing and nourishing: it has the ability to trap natural moisture and create a protective layer on the skin, which prevents dehydration and dryness. It protects it from the damage that external agents may cause and keeps it well hydrated and extremely soft.
- Reduces scars: it has very powerful healing properties that help reduce the visibility of those marks left by wounds on the skin. This, added to its moisturizing effects, also makes it a great natural remedy to remove stretch marks.
- Whitens the skin: helps to unify the tone of the dermis, reducing the coloration of those areas that tend to darken more easily.
- More luminosity in the skin: applied as a mask or cream on the skin of the face, it provides extra luminosity and leaves the skin with a more radiant appearance and without impurities.
- Preserves the youth of the skin: having antioxidant components, another of the most outstanding properties of beeswax for the skin is that it acts as a good anti-aging product. It achieves this by stopping the action of free radicals, which cause premature aging and the cells that make up the skin to oxidize, thus giving way to the appearance of wrinkles.
- Soothes irritated skin: it has analgesic, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties, which allow damaged skin to heal more quickly and relieve irritation, redness, itching, etc.
How to make creams with beeswax
If you want to improve the appearance of your dermis and benefit from all the above properties of beeswax for the skin, then you only have to buy this ingredient in physical or online stores specialized in the sale of natural products. Next, we are going to reveal to you how you can create your own natural cosmetics and the steps you have to follow to make homemade beeswax creams, they are very simple recipes that you can use to moisturize your skin in depth and look younger, beautiful and radiant. Take note!
Cream with beeswax and olive oil
To make this super moisturizing and nourishing beeswax and olive oil cream, you first need to gather the following ingredients:
- 250 ml of mineral or distilled water
- 250ml olive oil
- 30g beeswax
- preferred essential oil
First, you will have to melt the beeswax together with the olive oil in a bain-marie. Go stirring both ingredients little by little until you see that everything has dissolved. Then remove from heat and wait for it to cool down. Next, in the blender glass, pour the water with a few drops of the selected essential oil and blend for a few seconds. Then, add the mixture of oil and beeswax and beat everything again until you see that you get a thick mixture. You just have to keep it in the fridge until it solidifies a little more and you can use it as a moisturizer.
Cream with aloe vera and beeswax
An ideal cream to moisturize the skin and promote the regeneration of damaged tissues, which acts very well against stretch marks and wrinkles. The ingredients you need are the following:
- 2 tablespoons grated beeswax
- 1/4 cup of aloe vera gel
- 1/4 cup of distilled water
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup moisturizer
You just have to heat the beeswax in a bain-marie and when it melts, add the aloe vera, water, honey and olive oil. Mix all ingredients and remove from heat. Beat everything with the blender and add the moisturizer. When everything has been integrated, pour into a container and keep in the fridge until it thickens a bit.
How to make beeswax lip balm
You can also make your own beeswax lip balm to hydrate the skin of your lips at any time of the year and prevent it from becoming dehydrated and chapped easily. Pay attention to the recipe!
- 3 tablespoons of beeswax
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1/2 teaspoon almond oil
- First, melt the beeswax in a bain-marie.
- Then, add the honey and stir both ingredients as you add it.
- Add the almond oil and stir again for a few seconds.
- Pour the mixture obtained into a small container and let it solidify for a few hours. When it is in a solid state, you can use it as a lip balm.
Also, do not miss the recipes that we show in the article How to make honey lip balm.