Rose water is an ingredient present in a large number of cosmetics due to its numerous properties for the skin. Used since ancient times as a beauty trick to rejuvenate the skin, the current boom in natural cosmetics places it once again at the forefront of effective skin care products. In addition to being able to find it in different cosmetics such as toners, creams or mists, you can make your own rose water at home in a very simple way and thus benefit from all its virtues.
Benefits of rose water for the face
Its high concentration of vitamin C, among others, and its anti-inflammatory, soothing, regenerating and decongestant properties make this product the perfect ally to treat the skin. If until now you only used rose water to refresh and soothe your face, you should know that it also acts on the signs of aging because it protects from the action of free radicals. Keep reading and you will discover all the benefits of rose water for the face.
One of the most widespread uses of rose water is as an anti-wrinkle agent, since it acts on expression lines and wrinkles, helping to combat the signs of skin aging. Among its benefits is the stimulation of collagen production that improves elasticity and tone and protects the skin from the action of free radicals.
Regulates oily skin
Although it is suitable for all skin types, its sebum-balancing and cleansing effects make it the perfect product for oily or combination skin. If you have oily skin, rose water will regulate sebum production and in combination with its antimicrobial properties, your face will look clean and free of impurities.
Rose water is an excellent ally against bags and dark circles because its soothing and anti-inflammatory properties reduce and reduce inflammation. How to get it? It’s very simple, you just have to soak some cotton pads in rose water and apply them to the area around your eyes. Let it act for 10 minutes.
Remember that to achieve visible affects you must be constant, as with any beauty treatment. Include this step in your daily beauty routine and you will notice your look rejuvenated and without signs of fatigue.
Rose petal water is also a powerful antioxidant capable of mitigating the damage caused by environmental pollution, stress and solar radiation thanks to its high concentration of vitamins C, B and E.
Improves acne and rosacea
Among the uses of rose water for the face, the healing one stands out, which is why it is a highly recommended product if you have acne-prone skin or rosacea. In addition to having a great calming and refreshing power, it reduces redness and reduces acne marks thanks to its healing properties.
How to apply rose water to the face
You already know its benefits, but it is important that you also know all the uses of rose water to get the most out of this beauty elixir. we tell you 6 ways to apply rose water to your face so you can take advantage of its full potential.
- Tonic: one of the essential steps in cleansing the face is the application of the tonic. If you want your skin to benefit from the many properties of rose water, use it as a toning product for the face. Its astringent action is perfect if you have oily skin as it helps to close the pores and mattify the skin. Moisten a cotton ball in rose water and dab it all over your face, let it dry and proceed to apply the next product in your facial routine. In addition, we recommend you read this other article in which we detail How to make a rose facial toner and its benefits.
- Primer: as you know, preparing the skin is essential before applying makeup to achieve the best result. Applying rose water before makeup will give you a clean, hydrated-looking complexion that’s ready for foundation application. We advise you to spray rose water with an atomizer or spray on the face.
- Cream: if you want to enhance the effects of your moisturizing cream, add a few drops of rose water and multiply its results. These drops will provide greater hydration to the face giving it a healthy and hydrated appearance.
- Mist: if your skin is sensitive or easily irritated, the soothing properties of rose water will help reduce redness or irritation. We recommend you fill a spray or atomizer and apply it as a mist. You will instantly notice the sensation of freshness and calm and decongested skin.
- Mask: to give your usual mask a boost, just add a few drops of rose water to the mix. Apply it before, as a base, and this will help the mask to penetrate better and deeper. You will notice the difference.
- Make-up fixer: use it to spray on the skin, thus lengthening the duration of the make-up when fixing it. For a better result, it is recommended to dilute one part of glycerin in 3 parts of rose water. You just have to apply it about 10 or 15 centimeters away from the face.
How to make rose water step by step
Rose water is a product with a simple preparation, so you can easily make your own rose water to enhance your usual cosmetics. If you have sensitive skin that reacts easily to beauty products, rose water is the perfect option since it does not contain components that can irritate the skin of the face. As you will see below, the preparation is simple and with natural ingredients. Follow this recipe to learn how to make homemade rosewater:
Ingredients and materials
- 1/2 kg of rose petals.
- 1/2 liters of distilled water.
- A pot or saucepan with a lid.
- A glass bottle or container with an airtight seal.
Preparation of rose water
- Select the petals and take care that they are very clean. The pink and red petals have a better fragrance so they are a good option to prepare homemade rose water.
- Add the water in a saucepan and add the petals and put the pot on high heat.
- Once it reaches the boiling point, lower the heat to a medium temperature. You must keep the pot covered so that the steam does not escape since that is where the essential oils are concentrated.
- Keep cooking for 10 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and let it rest for 1 hour without uncovering the pot, as it is necessary for the mixture to infuse.
- Once settled, filter the content with a strainer in the pot in which you will store the rose water. Remember that once the roses have released their essence and properties, you only need the liquid.
- Store the jar in the fridge when it is at room temperature.
- Let it rest until the next day and it will be ready to use.