The appearance and good health of the hair are some of the key elements to project a good image, however, many times we do not give it the care it needs, either due to lack of time or knowledge. In addition, many shampoos on the market can damage our hair considerably and more and more products appear made from natural remedies as substitutes.
What is chili shampoo for?
Chili is known for being a very spicy edible ingredient, however, it not only has culinary uses, but in recent years it has become an ideal natural remedy for hair care. Chili has cleansing and antioxidant properties, which is why it is present in many products designed to heal, strengthen and stimulate the growth of our hair.
Where are the benefits of chili shampoo really found? An active component of chili is capsaicin, which favors the blood flow of our hair and activates the hair follicles, responsible for hair growth. The most important benefits of chili shampoo are the following:
- Accelerates hair growth, because chili provides oxygen to hair follicles and makes hair grow faster. This is one of the main reasons why people choose to use this shampoo.
- Prevents hair loss, since chili stimulates the circulation of the scalp and increases its firmness.
- Strengthens brittle hair, since chili provides the necessary nutrients to keep it strong and healthy.
- Prevents dandruff and removes grease from the hair, thanks to its antioxidant and antibacterial properties.
- Provides volume and softness to hair if applied properly.
- Chili contains vitamin A and C, which not only prevents hair from drying out, but also helps it achieve excellent shine and hydration.
Learn more tips to grow hair fast in our article How to stimulate hair growth.
Is it advisable to make homemade chili shampoo?
Wondering how to make homemade chili shampoo? The first thing you should be clear about is that although it is possible to make this shampoo yourself, it is not the most recommended. Chili is still a very spicy ingredient that, if not used in the right amounts, can cause a lot of itching and burning on the scalp.
If you notice, all the chili shampoos on the market are made with very little chili and higher amounts of rosemary and espinos Illa, among other substances. These plants have numerous properties that also help promote the opening of the capillary pores, so they are also beneficial for hair growth. Taking this into account, we see that it is not that chili is a miracle ingredient to make hair grow, but that it is the mixture of it with other ingredients that achieves good results. In addition, these plants help reduce the unpleasant smell of chili, which is very strong and penetrating.
So, at we recommend that before you start learning how to make homemade chili shampoo, you try to try one of the products sold in specialized stores. These shampoos tested under dermatological control are essential to see if this product really works for you.
How to make homemade chili shampoo
If you have already verified that chili shampoos work for you but you find it difficult to find this product and/or you prefer to learn how to make it at home, prepare the following ingredients:
- A cup full to the top of normal shampoo and, if possible, natural.
- 1 green chili or serrano.
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil.
- 2 tablespoons of rosemary infusion.
- A glass or plastic container.
- A blender.
Once you have all the ingredients ready, the time will have come to follow these simple steps:
- You will only need half of the chili, so cut it up and remove the seeds.
- Cut the half you choose into small pieces.
- Put the chili pieces in a blender together with the normal shampoo, the teaspoon of olive oil and the tablespoons of rosemary infusion.
- Beat well and, once everything is blended, pour the content into the container and store it in a cool place until you want to use it.
- When you go to wash your hair, apply the homemade chili shampoo to your damp hair and massage in circular motions to stimulate the follicles.
- Wait approximately 3 minutes, then rinse your hair with plenty of lukewarm water.
We recommend using homemade chili shampoo about 2 times a week, although, of course, it will depend on the condition of your hair and the results you see.
Other things to consider
To finish and that you can enjoy all the benefits of chili for hair, we leave you some recommendations and tips to keep in mind:
- If the chili smell is too strong for you, you can use an aromatic conditioner on your hair after the treatment. You can also wash your hair with rosemary water and thus take advantage of the benefits of rosemary for hair.
- It is important to be careful with the eyes and mouth when applying this shampoo, as it can cause itching.
- If this is your first time using it, make sure you don’t have any negative reactions by applying a small amount of this shampoo to a small region of the scalp and waiting 15 minutes.
- This natural remedy should not be abused so as not to damage the hair.
- This shampoo has astringent effects and is not recommended for very dry hair, as it can dry it out even more. Discover here How to make homemade shampoo for dry hair.