The microblading of eyebrows, or semi-permanent makeup is a technique that emerged in Asia, which has as its main objective to replace the lack of hair in those eyebrows that are more depopulated. In this way, it is possible to show off perfect eyebrows with a natural appearance that also guarantees lasting results. But what does this technique consist of?
1 How is the microblading technique performed?
Microblading is a technique that requires great mastery and meticulousness that can last between two and three hours. For this, needles and color pigment are used that will imitate natural hair. Do not confuse it with tattooed eyebrows, which do offer a permanent result.
2. What materials are needed?
The materials needed to perform microblading are the following:
- First of all, the main tool is microblading needles. The needles must be perfectly sterilized. They have a design specially designed so that each of the strokes is perfectly defined. Some needles allow you to make a thinner or thicker stroke, depending on the needs or the finish that is intended to be achieved in the eyebrow.
- The other indispensable material to make the microblading technique are pigments. To do this, the original color of the person’s eyebrows must be taken into account. They are characterized by having a high density and fixing power, in addition to being inorganic with a mineral and hypoallergenic base. The pigment is introduced at the surface level into the epidermis.
Stages of microblading
In stages, the microblading process would be as follows:
- The person who performs this technique must, first of all, perform a test in the area to be treated to rule out any type of allergic reaction.
- When the area is ready, it is time to make the drawing of what will be the final eyebrow. To do this, it will use a pencil with a flat and thin tip and the eyebrow model is defined according to the preferences of the person, the shape of the face and the needs.
- Before starting to microblading, it is important to apply an anesthetic cream to the area in order to minimize discomfort, and make the process completely painless.
- When the time comes, the microblading process begins by performing a small slide of the needle to create the imitation of a real hair. For this, inorganic and hypoallergenic pigments are used.
Microblading is a technique that anyone can benefit from, as it is safe and also offers excellent results. But what other advantages does microblading offer?:
- It is perfect for those people who want to improve the appearance of their eyebrows or who, for some reason, have lost their hair in this part of the face, because it is a technique that perfectly imitates natural hair.
- Both women and men can take advantage of this technique.
- When a prudential period has passed since the application of the technique, you can make normal life, rub, put in contact with water, without fear that microblading will disappear. It will only be necessary to make one touch up every year.
3 Aftercare of microblading?
If, although luckily you will not need very specialized products, it is enough to:
- Wash your eyebrows with a neutral pH soap.
- Apply an anti-infective cream to avoid marks.
- Despite the itching, do not rub or scratch your eyebrows.
- Avoid being given the sun for two weeks so that they finish healing.