The condition known as hyperhidrosis is characterized by generating an excessive amount of sweating in the individual who suffers from it. It could affect the whole body or certain specific areas.
Although, this condition does not imply a risk to life. Yes, it can be uncomfortable or cause embarrassment or psychological trauma. One of the medical treatments used to treat hyperhidrosis in specific areas is Botox injections. They use botulinum toxin to interrupt the nerve signals responsible for sweating, thus preventing the sweat glands from producing excessive sweat.
On the other hand, there are also home remedies to stop sweating, for people who consider botox treatments invasive. In this article you will find detailed information to treat hyperhidrosis.
How do you apply botox to your feet and armpits so you don’t sweat more?
Botox injections use botulinum toxin to block the nerve signals responsible for sweating and prevent excessive sweating.
Armpit injections of botox produce a positive response. These botox injections in the armpits usually have an average cost of € 2,000 per treatment.
Likewise, Botox injections in the feet and hands also react positively to botulinum toxin. However, patients often find injections in the hands and feet more painful.
It is a simple procedure. An hour before the injection, the anesthetic cream is applied to the area to be treated. The doctor will clean the affected area and use a small needle to make multiple injections.
After hyperhidrosis treatment, bruising, swelling or tenderness may appear after surgery, but these are usually mild. Results start to show over the course of five days or a couple of weeks.
Natural treatments and tricks to treat hyperhidrosis without using botox
The easiest way to prevent excessive sweating without using botox is to use antiperspirants. To treat underarm hyperhidrosis, deodorant is not one of the best options as most antiperspirants can reduce sweating. Therefore, it is advisable to use antiperspirant instead of deodorant. The deodorant for its part only masks or stops body odor, but does not reduce sweating.
There is also a natural treatment to treat hyperhidrosis. Well, many people prefer to choose them because they consider the others expensive or invasive. In these cases, it is possible:
- Mix baking soda with equal parts cornstarch and apply it to clean, dry armpits. In this way a natural antiperspirant is obtained. This can be applied several times a day to increase its effectiveness.
- Bathing with Epsom bath salt. These salts act as completely natural home remedies for strong body sweat, as it treats any affected area. In addition, it can act as an astringent and help reduce body odor.
- Lemon juice is another natural deodorant and hyperhidrosis remedy with natural treatment. Fresh lemon should be applied to the armpits at night and then bathed in the morning to remove any remaining lemon smell.
Solution for excessive sweating of other areas such as the face or head
To treat hyperhidrosis conditions in areas such as the face or head, we recommend using home remedies to avoid sweating on the face, such as the following:
- Apply to the skin with a cotton ball, apple cider vinegar before going to bed and wash it off in the morning.
- Brew black tea and let it steep for a few minutes. When it is at room temperature apply it on the affected area. You can also make enough to soak your hands or feet. You can carry out this process again as many times as you consider necessary during 24 hours.
- Tea tree oil is also used to combat hyperhidrosis with plants and home treatment. Applying it with a cotton ball to the face or other sweaty areas once or twice a day.